Saturday, September 20, 2008

HAPPY CAJUN AND BLUEGRASS NEW YEAR!

Getting closer.... Hard to believe the BIG DAYS are arriving very soon.... One of my biggest fans has been absolutely BEGGING me to post something on this blog, and since I don't know what to say exactly at this point, I'll compromise and oblige him a little.

I must say that after being without a computer for almost 3 weeks due to the motherboard going kaput, and after spending a mint of cash to get what amounts to a whole new computer, it's such a supreme pleasure to be able to listen to the music I want instead of the crap on the radio, or instead of my scratchy old 33 LP records! CDs? Yep, I've got them but not a decent CD player, although I could play them in the CD drive of the computer. Now that I'm into both Cajun and Bluegrass (I've been listening far more to the latter lately than to the former, I must admit), it's such a supreme pleasure to find the music on the web, and I must be the only one for many blocks around to play this stuff! I often wonder what people passing by my window think.... I really like to blast this stuff.

If anybody reading this is a Bluegrass fan, I suggest Wes Miller or the Earl Brothers. Both can be found on CDbaby.com. Write in the type of music you want to hear in the line on the upper right of the screen. These two and many others can be found. Disadvantage: Each song only plays for the first 2 minutes of it before going to another song (they want you to buy the MP3 download or the CD). Right now I'm listening to "Hillbilly Hero" by the Earl Brothers. I also discovered recently, the Daughters of Bluegrass and their CD Bluegrass Bouquet. Really good (except for one gospel-y song on it, which I always skip over).

Gotta prep for Slichot tonite, so gotta go. Two weeks' vacation are now in effect, and boy do I need them!

Shavua Tov!

No comments: